Now that 2018 is over and 2019 is in full swing, I wanted to share some resolutions I want to work on for this year. These are things that I noticed were pretty big issues for me last year, or at least not productive habits. After taking some time to reflect on the past year and what I’m looking forward to this year, these are some of the items that I came up with!
- Be on time and respect not only my own time but everyone else’s
- Network with other bloggers
- Work on new skills monthly to improve my blog or career
- Try a new hobby/activity every month
- Read a new book every 3-4 weeks
- Invest is a high resolution camera for my blog and instagram photos
- Balance my blog content with my regular personal content on instagram
- Spend within my means
- Save 3 months of rent and utilities
- Take a class to improve my skills at work
- Take one more trip than I did last year
- Listen to a Bible chapter every morning
- Meditate every morning and night
- Commit to 2 no spend days per week
- Put away an extra $10 in my savings and emergency funds weekly
- Run or do a full cardio session once per week
- Do a full stretching/recover session once per week
- Spend a day with myself at least twice per month
- Spend a day with my friends at least twice per month
- Spend a day with my family at least twice per month
Most of my resolutions have to do with my finances, my mental and emotional health, my physical health and my relationships because those are the areas of my life that I think were really tested this past year. This past year made me realize just how much I need to adjust myself and improve so that I handle these kinds of stressors differently. It was truly an amazing year for me, through all the ups and downs but I am ready to move forward and enjoy the next chapter of my life.
What are some of your resolutions or goals for 2019?
P.S. keep up with me on instagram @karenmauritzenn