The month of March has been absolutely insane. There was a ton going on because of the novel coronavirus that swept the globe over the last few months. Because of the virus, there’s been all kinds of uncertainty and changes going on. It’s history in the making and it’s honestly scary. So my favorites this month include some actual products because I did have a few, but also some concepts/thoughts/ideas. I spent a lot of time thinking and worrying, praying and reading about everything and I’ve grown to appreciate the little things. So I also wanted to include a few things I’m grateful for this month, in order to keep a positive spirit since we are really still in the thick of this situation. Keep on reading to see some things I loved this month!
1. Abercrombie & Fitch
I mentioned back in the fall that I was starting to really like Abercrombie again and this spring season is probably my favorite so far. I think they really hit the nail on the head and created some cute styles in the most beautiful colors and patterns. I bought a ton of tops, bodysuits, sweaters, dresses, and shorts from there this past month and loved every single piece. It was exactly what I was looking for in my spring wardrobe and I’m so excited to be able to wear them.
2. Skincare Products
This past month I also ordered a few skincare products to try out also. I’m still getting used to them, but I think I really like them so far. I tried out some products from First Aid Beauty and some from Kiehl’s. I’ve been dealing with a lot of acne lately, so I wanted to try some new products so I got some acne clearing pads from First Aid Beauty. I also have a lot of acne scarring so I got a dark spot serum from Kiehl’s to try out and a new eye cream from First Air Beauty also. So far I like everything a lot, and I think the acne clearing pads have been helping clear my skin up slowly but surely.
Now as I mentioned in my intro, with all the crazy stuff going on I’ve been trying to stay positive through everything. One thing that’s been a big help to me has been saying a few things that I’m grateful for each day. It reminds me that amongst the chaos there are things to be happy about. I’ve been really anxious and scared when thinking about the future, because who knows what’s going to happen from here and how we’re all going to be affected by this. So I’m hoping that if I just continue spreading some positivity it’ll just help block out some of the scary parts.
Things I’m Grateful For This Month:
- Waking up most days and being able to breathe fully without any issues (I got a little sick mid month, but for the most part I felt completely fine)
- Having the option to work from home and keep my family safe
- Having flexibility with my work schedule now that I am at home to make breakfast, take breaks when I need, and work on my other projects
- Having Andrew with me (both physically and metaphorically) through this situation and all the uncertainty
- The community I’ve built on my social channels of women who are happy to support and be there for each other
- Having a creative outlet to focus on and dive into when I’m feeling scared/anxious/nervous/etc
- Waking up with a roof over my head every day
- Having beautiful spring weather for majority of the month
- Having a job (because a lot of people lost theirs during this pandemic)
- All the positivity I’ve seen from a lot of people, despite all the negatives we see in the news and on social media
P.S. Keep up with me on Instagram: @karenmauritzenn